VENUE ENTRY – NEC COVID-19 CONTROL POINT MONITORING
How to gain entry to the venue – non-compliance will prevent access to the show:
Everyone will go through a “NEC Control Point” (Control points are strategically placed around the venue and car parks). Entry to the venue will be granted only by:
1. Showing an official Covid-19 vaccine pass (NHS App or official document from your country of origin)
2. Showing an official (NHS) text or email of a logged negative lateral flow test within 48 hours of entry. If your proof is a negative lateral flow test and you are onsite for multiple days this will need to be retaken and reported again every 48 hours.
In addition, the PPMA would like to request that visitors showing their full vaccination pass also undertake their own lateral flow test within 48 hours of joining us at the show, as a further sensible precaution. This is not essential but it would be a further consideration and peace of mind for everyone attending the show.
Further to the above entry requirements, PPMA Show together with the NEC have also introduced the following measures for the safety and comfort of all our visitors:
• Print out and bring your badge with you - when you register you will receive your PDF badge by email to print out at home, and if you have registered before 10 September you will also receive a badge in the post - you can print your badge by logging into your account.
• Face coverings – for everyone’s safety, the wearing of face coverings is recommended within the public spaces and event halls. We will have paper face masks available onsite if you forget to bring your own
• Hand sanitiser – we will also have plenty of sachets of hand sanitiser available as well as over 600 sanitiser stations provided by the NEC in public spaces and event halls
• Increased ventilation and improved air quality around the halls, with open doors and windows keeping air flow clean and well circulated
• Touch-free experience at the NEC with contactless options such as pre-pay parking online, using the cashless options for payment at all food and drink outlets and you can even pre-order refreshments via an app
• Space to socially distance – the NEC has plenty of outdoor space for you to enjoy during your visit while grabbing a bite to eat or something to drink
• Enhanced venue cleaning – all NEC staff will be wearing face masks and taking twice weekly tests while keeping the venue clean and comfortable for your enjoyable event experience with additional cleaning measures such as fogging of public toilets
You can find out more about all the NEC covid safety policies at www.thenec.co.uk/visitors/plan-your-visit.
We look forward to seeing you there!